The TRUTH.. Sabbath(2)

Friday, September 4, 2009

A couple of days ago, I shared with you all my great experience of learning about the Sabbath Day> Saturday> 7th day. If you recall, only on this day did GOD promise rest, blessings and holiness! I was sooo excited to share this great news with everyone I knew. Much to my suprise, in speaking to many of my family members and friends, they were comfortable with keeping man's tradition of Sunday. Even though I couldn't remember all of the verses, I was confident in this one thing- I saw it in the Bible. Further to the study I had a couple of days ago, there is definately more that I really want to share.
In addition, to the rest, blessings and holiness that God promises on the Sabbath day, in Exodus 31:13, God said that the Sabbath will be a sign between us &God. How amazing is that! God acknowledges those who keep the Sabbath day. In our daily lives, we encounter all different types of signs; whether it's the STOP sign at the end of the corner, whether it's going to rain because of the cloudy skies above or whether a cold is coming on because of an ongoing cough. The more I think about, a sign is a warning but not in a bad way. A sign alerts us to be mindful, to be aware.However, if I am not mindful of the cloudy skies, I have a 99% chance of getting soaked. In the same way, GOD wants us to be mindful of keeping the Sabbath day. Thank you GOD for allowing me to look up and recognize your sign.

0 comments: